Thursday, February 17, 2011

00.00

Hoahhhmmmm...

Hey readers :) It's pretty late at night, but I don't know why I'm not sleepy yet, so I decided to write this post.. Well, just a quick review of what's happening today.

7 a.m :Went to Panarukan health center, driving Niken's car together with Titi.
7.30 a.m : Morning report (apel pagi) at Panarukan Health center
8.00 a.m : A patient came to the emergency room, the family was hysterical, when I got there, the patient was full of blood. No carotid pulse, no heart sound at auscultation, both pupils dilated fully. Dead on Arrival :( I suspected the cause of death is asphyxia, since she threw up much blood and was brought to the hospital using random car, no proper positioning. So that was the first time I witnessed the "extreme" sea shore (pesisir) people everybody was talking about...

9.00 -12.00 a.m : "Discussion" at the doctor room with Danang, Wildan, Titi :p

12.30 a.m : 3 patients came at a time. One young man, was a motorcycle driver who crashed into a pedicab with 2 children and 1 lady on it. All 4 victims were brought to the health center, but only found some bruises and excoriations, so we just cleaned the wounds, but again, because they are pesisir (sea shore) people, dramatization :( So many people came and argued in the emergency room (all in Maduranese, which I started to understand a little) and suddenly it was all screaming and yelling.. Oh my... stressful stressful!

but that was all my patients for today, oh, and there was this one old lady who fell in her own bathroom, and got 2 stitches for it.

2 p.m : Niken picked us up, we went to KDS, the hippest place in town :p indeed (just a 2 storey department store, with some fast food stalls and game center) then to the market, buying stuffs for home, theeeennn home sweet home.. err.. kost sweet kost :D

5 p.m : call boyfriend
6 p.m : pray maghrib, then the landlady's sister in law came knocking my room for some consultation about her headache, I thought it was tension headache, told her to relax, have some mefenamic acid.

7 p.m : the landlady's daughter bought me food (again and agaiiinnn,,, and refused my paying, so sweet!)

8 p.m : the landlady came into my room, wanted to check her blood pressure, and another consultation :D

9 p.m : cleaning my room, pray isya'

10 p.m : skype with people at home! this is the best part of the day really! got to see mom, sist, bro, and my silly cat Gareeeng... OMG miss them much!

12 p.m : here, writing this post, reviewing today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment