Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Quick Movie Reviews

Holaa readers :)

Just got back from Surabaya again, 3-day-holiday, as usual, felt like a blink of eyes :p Anyway, managed to catch up with the new movies I hadn't got time to watch previously :D Me and my bf really is a movie junkie couple, I think most of our dates we spent it for movies. Plus lately my mom So here are the quick reviews! Enjoy :)

1. Tintin - Mystery of The Unicorn (Non 3D)
Rate : 4.5 out of 5

Another astonishing animation, this movie spoils your vision really :) An enjoyment to watch! I'm really amazed by how great animated movies nowadays.. For Tintin fans this is an absolute must :) For a Tintin's not-lover-nor-hater like me, surprisingly this is also entertaining. Proportional combination of action, cuteness, comedy, and a little twist here and there, typical detective story:) Took a way the half point only because I found the ending a bit guessable for a 'mystery' genre, but after all, this is a great enjoyment for anyone, any age. Watched this with my mom and brother and they liked it as much as I did :)

2. Real Steel
Rate: 4.5 out of 5

Hugh Jackman + robots+ father-son drama + quite unique plot, the producer really pick the right stuffs! Love love this, did not expect to enjoy the movie this much, considering I lost my interest in robots since Transformers the 2nd (I know, I know, boo me :p). Again, a visual spoiling movie, great views, dazzling robots, and the cute kid (Dakota Goyo as Max), and the robot Atom, keeps you wow-ing from the beginning to the end of the movie. A quite long duration of 127mins and didn't realize it. Another great family movie with loads of moral message :) Unfortunately had to take away the 0,5 because after the movie ended I found some important points in the movie left unexplained.. so we still have that little 'itchy' feeling about this and that, such as where Atom came from, hehe, but anyways just don't think too much and you'll enjoy this much!

3. In Time
Rate: 3 out of 5

Justin Timberlake and Amanda Seyfried, both apples of the eyes, but didn't do much in acting I think :( But the plot is interesting and quite original, although the background and setting building was weak. It is confusing whether the director wanted the movie set in the far future? of near future? because nothing looks futuristic in the setting :p And why did the human engineering start after all, no explanation. Probably a rich idea, but poor execution :( An OK movie IF you already watched Tintin and Real Steel and Johnny English :p

4. Johnny English Reborn
Rate: 4 out of 5

A cure for us who's been missing Rowan Atkinson's comedy.. A good choice of movie if you need some good laugh.. Yes it is funny, but don't expect it to be as funny as Mr. Bean's movies, it's half action anyway :p Nobody can resist Mr. Atkinson's expression.. it is indeed funny:) Nothing surprising, anyway, nothing really new and innovative, if you watched Johnny English the first movie. Gave it 4 because hey, it's Rowan Atkinson and yes it's damn funny!


Mr. Rowan Atkinson the genius :)

So, guys, for you who haven't watched these movies and still confused which one is worth spending your money and your previous time, I hope this help! Out of the 4 movies I recommend Real Steel the most :)

Oh, and I took a pic with my tiny folding bike :) This is in front of the RSUD Abdoer Rachem Situbondo, the hospital where I work now.



I'm gonna miss this bike to work routine when internship is over:)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment